Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy trails! Happy eating!

First things first, I would like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Rachael Renzi and I have been what my family calls "a good eater" my whole life. I guess what this means is that I will eat/try just about any kind of food placed in front of me. I don't know if I am as brave as Andrew Zimmerman, but I like to think that I am. I have spent about eight years working in the food industry and plan to spend many more doing the same. I am a registered yoga instructor and am very interested in the human body, how it works, and how what we put into it affects us, so I tend to err on the healthier side of food (lots of experimenting with substitutions), but I don't deprive myself of the experience of trying something new, or something old that I love!

So lets get to the point of this blog...


Yesterday morning after a long night of celebrating the Ravens' win over the Patriots I stood in line with my boyfriend Sean for a good hour or more to get into the
 Blue Moon Cafe in Baltimore MD, and may I just say, it was totally worth the wait. This little place has been featured on the Travel channel on the show Diners, Drive ins, and Dives, and are best known for their Cap'n Crunch french toast. It was perfect for soaking up the previous nights leftover party happening in my stomach.

This place has cute written all over it!


Cap'n Crunch french toast from the Blue Moon Cafetopped with fresh fruit, whipped cream, cinnamon and powdered sugar.



While waiting in line we met two lovely ladies, Nicole Jackson, and Tia Canty. When my name finally got called I invited them to sit with us since we had two extra seats at our table and we were soon having a meeting of the minds.
waiting out in the cold with Nicole and Tia for a delicious meal!
We were lucky enough to get a parking spot right across the street,
and could take turns getting warm!

We all had a lot in common in the way of creativity, photography, and the love of food. Nicole and I began to talk food blogging and wanting to take pictures of beautiful food. We, having not searched the topic before, came up with Eat Up, a spinoff of the website "meet up" where people in different cities can find fun things to do with other locals and visitors in their  area... and so, here we are. I went home and began to search to see if EatUp already existed, and I wasn't surprised to find that it did! So I decided that I would create my own style of EatUp.

EatUp Foodies is a blog for anyone who eats! I plan to try making and eating many different kinds of recipes and then sharing photos, instructions, and the experience with you here on this blog. Another thing I would like to do as time goes on and followers accumulate is to host EatUp MeetUp groups. Potlucks, bake sales, dinner parties, etc... but those things will come in time.


So here is to food, friends, and the fun of it all!  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are a genius! This will be a great blog to follow & the Eat up gtg's will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... had to change my name now that I'm a wife! Forgot I had started a blog when I moved in & became a "domestic partner", lol. -Mrs. Cheryl Frobes

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I am really excited for the get together part of this blog! Especially if we can raise some money or something for a local community center or salvation army with a bake sale! I went to my first meet up event last friday, swing dancing, and it was so awesome! New people and experiences make the event that much better!

    ReplyDelete